Friday, July 27, 2007

SAVE ME!

What a fucking day!

I have not arrived at my destination. Instead, I'm stuck in the Philadelphia airport. It's 12:17 AM. I'm going out of my mind.


So, everyone is on the plane in San Fran....we are on the freakin' runway when the plane stops and we're informed there's a storm in Philly and we'll have to wait until further notice. We wait on the runway for an hour and a half. We're cleared, we leave, fly for five and a half hours, arrive OVER Philly to a closed airport because of the storm (which has closed pretty much the entire Eastern seaboard). The plane had to circle around and land in Pittsburg. Wait in the plane for another hour and a half. Get clearance to go to Philly, another forty minutes in the air (while there are thunderstorms going all around the plane...), land (and yes, it was raining), stay in the plane for thirty minutes, and finally deboard. At this point I was relieved: I can get a hotel, take a shower, and sleep like a baby. No, no, no. Governmental bureaucracy is still alive and well in the wee hours of the morning. Got sent to "Customer Service" to get the next flight to Munich. They don't say where the hell it is, spent fifteen minutes walking around looking for the damn line which is, by the time I find it, an hour long. Wait there for forty minutes, listen to some cracked out, drunk soldier (yes, TWO terms in Iraq) try to hit on some middle-aged woman behind me (who was also trying to cut me in line). This guy was OUT of his freaking mind. These are the guys we're giving guns to. Fucking awesome. Brilliant. "I fuckin' hate terrorists. This line is their fault. That's why I fuckin' hate 'em."

So, yeah, then they have one of their employees make some bunk announcement (only five people heard her out of the mile long line) that everyone flying internationally would have to wait at GateC28 for "further instructions". Yep, still here....been waitin' for quite some time with all the other International folk. Sure they're having the greatest of times in our country.

And yes, all the hotel rooms are booked.


Fuckin' hilarious.

No comments: